Sowing period: October to December
Harvesting period: March to May
Crop season: Rabi
Key growing regions:
- Madhya Pradesh – Neemuch, Mandsaur, Guna, Rajgarh, Shajapur
- Gujarat – Rajkot, Surendranagar, Gondal, Junagarh, Jamnagar
- Maharashtra – Mumbai, Nanded, Bhandara
- Rajasthan – Ramganj, Kota, Jhalawar, Baran, Bundi
Production trend and Stock position:
- Stock positions of Coriander seed were down by 6.24 percent held at National Commodity Clearing Limited (NCCL) approved warehouses at Gondal and Kota locations. The stocks held as on August 19, 2019 was 9,227 MT compared to 8,651 MT as on September 19, 2019.
- Arrivals of Coriander seed across mandis in Gujarat from 1 – 20 September 2019 were up by 31.84 percent at 6,417 MT compared to 4,868 MT during the same period last month.
Note: September Mandi arrivals are for the period: 1 – 20 September, 2019
Prices of Coriander seed are currently in a Backwardation where the physical market Spot prices are higher than the expected Futures prices.
Market commentary: Price outlook
- Coriander Seed prices in physical markets are expected to be steady to weak in the immediate/short term.
- Coriander Seed prices are expected to trade on the downside from current levels of Rs. 6,300 – 6,500 per quintal to below Rs. 6,000 per quintal levels due to an increase in arrivals in mandis.