Sowing period: October to December
Harvesting period: March to May
Crop season: Rabi
Key growing regions:
- Madhya Pradesh – Neemuch, Mandsaur, Guna, Rajgarh, Shajapur
- Gujarat – Rajkot, Surendranagar, Gondal, Junagarh, Jamnagar
- Maharashtra – Mumbai, Nanded, Bhandara
- Rajasthan – Ramganj, Kota, Jhalawar, Baran, Bundi
Production trend and Stock position:
- Stock positions of coriander seed were down by 0.44 percent held at National Commodity Clearing Limited (NCCL) approved warehouses at Gondal and Kota locations. The stocks held as on January 15, 2020 was 4,341 MT compared to 4,360 MT as on January 1, 2020.
- As per various media reports there was no crop damage reported in Coriander seed growing regions of Madhya Pradesh (MP), Rajasthan and Gujarat till date.
- According to Agriwatch website Coriander seed sowing was completed in growing regions of Rajasthan, Gujarat and MP as there was a delay of 20-25 days reported due to higher soil moisture caused by excess rainfall during September and October.
Note: January Mandi arrivals are for the period: 1 – 15 January, 2020
Prices of Coriander seed are currently in a Backwardation where the physical market Spot prices are higher than the expected Futures prices.
Market commentary: Price outlook
- Coriander Seed prices in physical markets are expected to be steady to firm in the immediate / short term.
- Coriander Seed prices are expected to trade from current levels of below Rs.7,000 per quintal to range bound.