Sowing period: October to December
Harvesting period: March to May
Crop season: Rabi
Key growing regions:
- Madhya Pradesh – Neemuch, Mandsaur, Guna, Rajgarh, Shajapur
- Gujarat – Rajkot, Surendranagar, Gondal, Junagarh, Jamnagar
- Maharashtra – Mumbai, Nanded, Bhandara
- Rajasthan – Ramganj, Kota, Jhalawar, Baran, Bundi
Production trend and Stock position:
- Stock positions of Coriander seed were up by 7.54 percent held at National Commodity Clearing Limited (NCCL) approved warehouses at Gondal, Ramganjmandi and Kota locations. The stocks held as on November 19, 2020 was 3,509 MT compared to 3,263 MT as on October 11, 2020
- As per Agriwatch website final production estimate of Coriander seed production for marketing year (MY) 2020-21 was estimated at 3.52 lakh metric tonnes (LMT) compared to previous year’s 2.68 LMT which was up by 31.34 percent.
For the country as a whole, Seasonal cumulative rainfall during this year’s southwest monsoon season upto November 18, 2020 was below Long Period Average (LPA) by 3%. Details of the rainfall distribution over the four broad geographical regions of India are given below:
Market commentary: Price outlook
- Coriander Seed prices in physical markets are expected to be weak in the immediate / short term as according to media reports there has been subdued demand from market participants.
- Coriander Seed prices are expected to trade from current levels of ₹ 6,500 per quintal to range bound.