Current Market Developments:
- Since last couple of weeks coriander prices are trading in a remained range bound manner with steady tone tracking subdued trading activities. Supplies in most of the domestic markets have remained sufficient against weak demand.
- The daily supplies in domestic markets of Gujarat have remained around 12-13 thousand bags. Prices of Eagle variety quoted around Rs.1330-1340 per 20 kg, and Parrot variety offered at Rs.1700-1800 per 20 kg.
- The available stock with farmers in Gujarat is estimated around 15 lakh bags. Moreover, good quantity of stocks is with stockiest and traders. Trade sources are expecting the current rabi season acreage to decline by around 30-40 percent as farmers in Gujarat and other states are likely to opt for Cumin seed sowing because of higher returns.
- In markets of Madhya Pradesh also arrivals are declining tracking weak buying from traders and stockiest. Daily around 10-12 lakh bags are arriving in markets. Farmers are holding good amount of stock with them. Prices of Badami variety quoted around Rs.60-67 per kg, arrivals of scooter and parrot variety continue to be declined in markets.
- The trade sources are expecting coriander prices in domestic markets would get good support from mid-November 2023 onwards as buying demand for coriander remains high in November to December period.
- On the export front, India has registered a significant increase in exports during the April-August 2023 at 62167.28 tonnes as against 14056.66 tonnes in 2022. Currently, stockiest & traders of Iran, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, etc buying Indian coriander at 930-940 dollars per tonne.
- During April-August 2023, China emerged as the leading importer of coriander with 34198.66 tonnes, followed by Malaysia with 5758.18 tonnes, United Arab Emirates with 3639.17 tonnes and Egypt with 2212.80 tonnes.
- The domestic Coriander production scenario has remained good in the last couple of years. Coriander production estimation during the 2022-23 saw a significant jump of 18 percent at 947760 tonnes as against 800742 tonnes last year. Coriander production in Madhya Pradesh estimated at 399110 tonnes as against 390531 tonnes, in Gujarat production seen at 312660 tonnes as compared to 208090 tonnes. However, slight decline in production is estimated for Rajasthan at 135810 tonnes as against 148703 tonnes.
Coriander (Dhania) Price Trend Vs Seasonality
Area, Production and Yield: India & Major States
This report is prepared by “agribazaar”. Information and opinions in this report have been taken from publicly available data and from sources believed to be reliable. Neither the report nor any part of the report shall be replicated without the written consent. agribazaar does not make any representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy, completeness and correctness of data or information contained in this report. Use of the data, information or opinions contained in this report is at the sole risk of the recipient of this report, and any such data, information or opinion should be independently verified. agribazaar, its affiliates, their officers, directors, and employees shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any error in the data, information or opinion contained in this report. “agribazaar” 2023.