Current Market Developments:
- As depicted in the Sesame seed prices trend chart, prices have remained range bound with slightly weak tone as demand in spot markets have remained subdued against steady supplies. Traders and bulk buyers are cautious and are in wait and watch mode before initiating any bulk orders.
- Domestic market sentiments are also adversely affected by good acreage reports from Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan under the current Kharif season. The overall acreage in the country has increased at 12.82 lakh hectares as compared to 12.76 lakh hectares same period last season.
- However, prices are getting some good support from the 04th advance crop 2021-22 estimates by Ministry of Agriculture, as Sesamum production is lower by 7 percent at 7.62 lakh tonnes as compared to 8.17 lakh tonnes harvested during 2020-21.
- As per trade sources, Sesamum crop in Pakistan is estimated to decline to around 60,000 tonnes only as against 1.50 lakh tonnes estimated earlier. Due to recent floods sesame crop is damaged in 60-70 percent areas. Therefore, exports from Pakistan would be lower this year. Similarly, in China also the sesamum crop production is expected to decline due to unfavourable climatic conditions. So, good demand is expected from China in International markets.
- Sesamum crop this year is good as against last year crop in Nigeria and trade is expected to start from 15th September onwards. East and West African countries such as Sudan, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, etc new crop is expected from October to November 2022. Currently, in the international markets Nigerian new white sesame seed are quoted around 1,450 to 1,550 dollars per tonnes while Indian Sesame seed quoted around 1600 – 1750 dollar per tonnes.
Sesamum Seed Price Trend Vs Seasonality at Key Markets
Sesamum: Area, Production and Yield: India & Major States
This report is prepared by “agribazaar”. Information and opinions in this report have been taken from publicly available data and from sources believed to be reliable. Neither the report nor any part of the report shall be replicated without the written consent. agribazaar does not make any representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy, completeness and correctness of data or information contained in this report. Use of the data, information or opinions contained in this report is at the sole risk of the recipient of this report, and any such data, information or opinion should be independently verified. agribazaar, its affiliates, their officers, directors and employees shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any error in the data, information or opinion contained in this report. “agribazaar” 2022.