Current Market Developments:
- Chilli Teja prices in spot markets of Guntur, Warrangal and Khammam have remained strong since last fortnight. Good buying demand from local spice processors and traders noticed against steady supplies.
- The demand for chilli is expected to improve from traders and stockiest as well as from exporters in coming days.
- This year Chilli sowing have remained at satisfactory levels and current crop condition is good. Harvesting of the new crop is likely to start from mid-November onwards till than prices are likely to remain strong. Due to good monsoon rainfall and higher prices farmers have opted for Red Chilli crop in Andhra Pradesh.
- As per the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Chilli exports during April-August 2022 stood at 1,77,421.70 tonnes as compared to 2,23,112.62 tonnes exported last year same period. The lower availability of good quality chillies led to a significant 20 percent decline in exports from India.
- China is the major importer of Indian chillies followed by Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and USA. Because of the pandemic issues still existing in China the imports have remained on lower side as most of the hotels and restaurants are not fully operational. Moreover, last year Chinese have imported chillies in large quantities which also resulting in lower imports.
- According to the Spice Board of India, Chilli production in 2021-22 is estimated to have decline by 8.94 percent at 18.66 lakh tonnes as compared to 20.49 lakh tonnes same period last year. Excess rainfall last year led to widespread pest attack resulting a decline in production. Chilli production in Andhra Pradesh estimated to decline by 12 percent, Telangana production estimated to decline by 19 percent and Madhya Pradesh production also estimated to decline by 4 percent.
State wise Chilli Red Monthly Arrivals:
Chilli Crop Area, Production and Yield: India & Major States
This report is prepared by “agribazaar”. Information and opinions in this report have been taken from publicly available data and from sources believed to be reliable. Neither the report nor any part of the report shall be replicated without the written consent. agribazaar does not make any representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy, completeness and correctness of data or information contained in this report. Use of the data, information or opinions contained in this report is at the sole risk of the recipient of this report, and any such data, information or opinion should be independently verified. agribazaar, its affiliates, their officers, directors, and employees shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any error in the data, information or opinion contained in this report. “agribazaar” 2022.