Current Market Developments:
- The weekly Sesame seed prices trend chart indicates that prices have remained slightly weak in the last couple of weeks in spot markets of Gujarat and Rajasthan.
- Subdued domestic demand from traders and stockiest is witnessed against sufficient availability.
- As per market sources, in the coming weeks the arrivals are likely to decline as around 60-65 percent of crop from Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, and Rajasthan is estimated to be arrived out of 1.75 to 2 lakh tonnes kharif crop estimated in these states.
- Last year imports were around 27 thousand tonnes as against 27-30 thousand tonnes expected during the current year till March. Exports have remained low due to higher price of Indian sesame in global market.
- Sesame seed prices in domestic markets are expected to get good support from lower crop production estimates. As per the 01st advance crop production estimate for 2022-23 by Ministry of Agriculture, total domestic Sesamum Kharif season production is estimated to decline by 17 percent at 6.34 lakh tonnes as compared to 7.62 lakh tonnes harvested during 2021-22.
- However, looking at the global front, Sesame crop in African nations is expected to be on higher side. Nigerian crop of around 3.50-3.75 lakh tonnes is expected as against 3.25 lakh tonnes last year. In Sudan also the crop quality and production expected to be on higher side at 5 lakh tonnes as compared to last year 4.25 lakh tonnes last year.
Sesamum Seed Price Trend Vs Seasonality at Key Markets
Sesamum: Area, Production and Yield: India & Major States
This report is prepared by “agribazaar”. Information and opinions in this report have been taken from publicly available data and from sources believed to be reliable. Neither the report nor any part of the report shall be replicated without the written consent. agribazaar does not make any representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy, completeness and correctness of data or information contained in this report. Use of the data, information or opinions contained in this report is at the sole risk of the recipient of this report, and any such data, information or opinion should be independently verified. agribazaar, its affiliates, their officers, directors, and employees shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any error in the data, information or opinion contained in this report.