Sowing period: October to December
Harvesting period: March to May
Crop season: Rabi
Key growing regions:
- Madhya Pradesh – Neemuch, Mandsaur, Guna, Rajgarh, Shajapur
- Gujarat – Rajkot, Surendranagar, Gondal, Junagarh, Jamnagar
- Maharashtra – Mumbai, Nanded, Bhandara
- Rajasthan – Ramganj, Kota, Jhalawar, Baran, Bundi
Production trend and Stock position:
- According to Agriwatch website, the final production estimate of Coriander seed for 2019-20 is estimated at 2,68,957 MT down by 19.32 percent compared to previous year’s estimate of 3,33,348 MT.
- Arrivals for the month of June of Coriander seed have reduced in mandis compared to the last two months.
Note: Prices of Coriander seed are currently in a Backwardation where the physical market Spot prices are more than the expected Futures prices.
Market commentary: Price outlook
- Coriander Seed prices in physical markets are expected to be bullish in the immediate / short term.
- Coriander Seed prices are expected to trade on the upside from current levels of Rs. 7,300 – Rs. 7,500 per quintal to above Rs. 7,800 per quintal levels.